eighth weight

     ,Running weight

Is there an ideal weight for a runner? I have been passed at speed in marathon races by tiny girls that look proper anorexic not slim but ill, I have also been passed by big blokes tall hefty boned, on those occasions there was a brief annoyance that my physique should be faster than theirs! Which isn’t true really my own personal physique I would say is Mr average, I am five foot eleven with slightly larger than medium frame, I never normally weight myself, my method is I will look in the mirror shake if nothing wobbles then I am happy
same weight of muscle and fat!





Fat wobbles muscle doesn't, I've never had much in the way of fat I worked really hard at the gym bodybuilding for a few years and reached fifteen stone ( 95.25Kg) at my heaviest, but there was zero fat all muscle It was extremely hard for me to gain that weight as it was all hard workouts daily pushing very heavy weights, My running and cycling took over from weight training and it sometimes makes me sad that I have lost nearly all that hard earned muscle, I remember a girl called Kate saying to me at the local rugby club - Kenny you look hellish you have lost far too much weight! I had been out for an eighteen-mile run that day and felt great, but my chest and biceps had shrunk a bit and as always, the face goes thin first
          Remembering of course I am no sports scientist and can only go on what I have witnessed or experienced, your running weight is sometimes about agenda partially about goals but mostly about being realistic of what you wish to achieve with what your genetics have gave you! At my height and weight I have absolutely no chance of beating a person of my same height but weighing 20kg`s less over twenty six mile, but could potentially beat him at a 100mtr sprint, Usain bolt is 6ft 4 and weighs 94kg below is a list of marathon winning Olympians, all much shorter and some weighing half his weight -


















1996
Josia Thugwane (South Africa)
2:12:36
1.58 m / 5 ft 2 in
45 kg

2000
Gezahegne Abera (Ethiopia)
2:10:11
1.66 m / 5 ft 5 in
58 kg  

2004
Stefano Baldini (Italy)
2:10:55
1.76 m / 5 ft 9.5 in
62 kg

2008
Samuel Kamau Wansiru (Kenya)
2:06.32
1.63 m / 5 ft 4 in
52 kg

2012
Stephen Kiprotich (Uganda)
2:08:01
1.72 m / 5 ft 8 in
56 kg

2016
Eliud Kipchoge (Kenya)
2:08:44
1.66 m / 5 ft 5 in
56 kg
            My personal favorite runner in the world is the superhuman Killian jornet who at 5ft 6 and weighing 58kg, would easily win the CWU (unless he fell in and got stuck in a peat bog!) his partner Emilie Forsberg would run it twice in the time its likely to take me, it would be foolish of me to try and compare my abilities to these legends I would only feel useless, at my age/height/weight/shape/background/ but I do love seeing what is humanly possibly they continue to inspire me, that I could do more
            In short, my ideal weight? I don’t believe there is an ideal weight for a runner just don’t carry too much excess if you want to get a fast time and avoid injury, how do I feel about my weight for the event? With eleven weeks to go I am at the lightest I have been since my early twenties unintentionally I may add! All my belts are in the last hole having been a 32” waist all my adult life I would fit into a 30” easily, I eat lots but almost all healthy with zero dairy in my diet I am finding it difficult not to lose weight, during the taper I intend to eat a plant based high protein diet, to get my body fueled up for eight continues days of hard work,
          
12/3/20 too much weight loss
  Some runners do get obsessed by their weight but these tend to be the ones doing distance events while carrying heavy packs, there is absolutely no point in cutting your toothbrush handle in half  ripping covers of books cutting all labels of and trimming your sleeping mat to minimum to save weight, then try running your event a stone heavier than you could be!

            I don’t even need to look in the mirror and shake right now, but did weigh myself for the blog (first time in years)  I was shocked to see I was 75.7Kg! this is easily the lightest I have been since I was a teenager, its 11.13 stone that’s a stone lighter than what I have been all my adult life, except for when I was a muscular 15 stone
me and cameron 2015 
fast forward three years ive lost even more weight, follow almost a vegan diet still eat eggs and love honey but in fairness to me i do make sure those are sustainably sourced organic fgree range and local

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

one day i will do a big run

Side topic of TGR - Skamper fun

thirteen unlucky for some