Fourteen minuts and twenty eight seconds

If i were to go at that pace 14:28 Minuit miles it would take me seven hours fourteen minuits to do thirty miles? !

Pace
                On three consecutive days I ran the same route which I named the brae three peaks challenge it was a six point six five mile route (give or take a couple of yards). With one thousand 100feet of ascent but this ascent was up and down to sea level three times over the peaks, the route is over mixed terrain and ideal for testing my pace over the cape wrath event,  I ran it the first day with Stu MC-loud walked it the second day with Craigy bugs then fast hiked with my poles alone on the third occasion, I made the conditions and timings and route as close as I could on each night, for example by stopping to take photos at the top of each peak for roughly the same time, also going as close as I could to the same over peat routes and pathways etc. this was my experiment on pace to gauge what pace to train hardest at or towards for the event  
Running 2/8/19
6.63miles -1hour 12 minuet’s 10.53 Minuit miles
Walking 3/8/19 – 1102ft of ascent
6.72miles – 2hours 2 mins – 18.07Minuit miles
Hiking 4/8/19
6.64miles -1hour 36mins 4.1MPH 14.28 Minuit miles
                For the purpose of me looking to see what time it would take me to get thirty mile done walking hiking or running I used these timings from my pace experiment
To do 30 mile at 18.07 Minuit miles it would take 9 hours 3mins
To do 30 mile at 14.28     Minuit miles it would take 7 hours 14 mins
To do 30 mile at 10.53     Minuit miles it would take 5hours 26 mins
              
   Keeping in mind that this was done in good weather over terrain I knew with clean equipment, I only carried poles the hiking night but wore two different styles of packs to try and mimic what I would be using in the event, I used my road running shoes for the running night and approach style shoes for the walk and hike,
. What I found was the approach shoes are good for walking and marching but not so good for running, the bigger thing from this is the big difference poles made on the uphill’s, this was a very worthwhile pace experiment and helped the direction of my training I want to get the speed hiking down to around 12-13 minuit miles this will b3e sustainable I believe especially if I run level trails

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Side topic of TGR - Skamper fun

thirteen unlucky for some

one day i will do a big run