three hugging

I love running through the woods along good trails even bad trails! There`s something wild and free about it, I need to go slower now I'm older as it takes a bit longer to see analyse and react on your route through trails, that’s how I felt anyway! recently I decided to up the game a bit on trails and I`m trying a little harder to move quicker, Chris McDougal is an excellent writer his book born to run was an inspiration to me, recently reading another of his books called natural born heroes, where he spoke of moving over trails and even urban landscapes in a more fluid way inspired me yet again! it just makes more sense to try and interact with the landscape as I move around it and stop battling it as much
There’s just not enough trees around locally and the woods could do with a bit of expansion, there is lots of local areas where I run that would make great forests, I am lucky to have what I have at my doorstep I know and should be grateful but more would be great ,
       This is march as I write and two recent storms have taken a heavy toll on my local trees, as much as I am enjoying jumping over the fallen trees and branches and know that the fallen trees if left help with the regeneration especially for fungi and biodiversity, its still sad to see a tree that`s hundreds of years old broken,
Trail running is much better than roads anyway you are away from traffic nicer air better noises (bird noise is much better than motorbikes and busses) its also a better all over workout not pounding hard surfaces in a mostly level path, to further this I have taken to running of the trail also and using tree stumps and boulders for jumping or scrambling over,
I have also became more and more of a tree Hugger of late also inspired again by yet another author Alistair Humphrey's I have taken to climbing a tree each month, for years I have undertaken an annual new years resolution last year it was to eat zero beef or dairy for a full year which I completed successfully and still have not eaten either! This year the resolution has been to climb a tree each month (thanks Alistair) and plant a tree each month my own idea to try and offset my huge carbon footprint slightly, both are going well to plan and I am thoroughly enjoying it, previously I hadn’t climbed a tree since I was a teenager and had forgotten how exhilarating it could be. Its also a good work and a good all over body stretch,  

three years on this blog needs updating and restarted from where i left off, i went on to take photographs once a month of my favourie tree through the seasosns (last year ) that worked out well, i am these days doing tree preservation notifications - and ancient tree registration with the woodlands trust, ive gave up on rewilding ninja planting and giving trees as gifts and concentratiung on climate change the trees dont stand a chance if the temp gets to 4 degrees, i would rather not live to see the trees i went to such trouble planting self igniting in extreme drought summers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Side topic of TGR - Skamper fun

thirteen unlucky for some

one day i will do a big run